All rowers need to be at the regatta by 6:30 am. Give yourself at least an hour travel time from Ann Arbor to the race site.
There is no bus for this regatta. Rowers and families must coordinate their own transportation. It is HRA policy (see the orientation handbook) that rowers should not drive themselves to regattas – days are long and rowers get very tired. The current district policy is that when transportation is not provided, parents make the call and decide the best way to get their child to an away regatta. Please make your travel/carpool plans ASAP.
Directions and Parking:
The main boathouse entrance is reserved for boat trailers only. For reference, the address for the boathouse is 8 Main Street, Toledo, Ohio 43605 at the far end of the street where parking is).
From US-23 heading South from Ann Arbor, here are directions to parking:
1. 2-3 miles after crossing the Ohio-Michigan border, take exit 232 to merge onto I-475 East.
2. Take Exit 20A for I-75 south
3. Take Exit 199A for Miami St. and merge onto Miami St, heading east.
4. Turn left onto Boers-Boyer Way (the left is just after the “The Docks” sign).
5. Follow road to regatta location – follow signs to trailer and car parking.
The first Huron event starts at 8:30 am and the last races are expected to begin at 3:00 pm. 4:30 is a very rough estimate of when the rowers will be done and ready to leave. Please note the day may take longer due to weather or other events.